The SMC Featured Posts plugin allows you to select posts to be displayed in a list either in shortcode format or as a widget. This is a more generic and updated version of the FPK plugin written for Electric Thoughts in a Digital Era.
- Upload the entire `smc-featured-posts` folder to the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
How to use
- In the Posts > All Posts view there is a new column called “Is Featured” that displays whether that post is selected. Clicking the link either selects or deselects the post.
- When editing a post there is a new meta box to select that post as featured and saved when the post is updated.
- Use the shortcode [smc_featured_posts] to insert a list (defaults to 5 posts) of featured posts on that page / post / etc.
- Use Appearance > Widgets to add a list to any registered sidebar in your theme.
- Under Settings > Featured Posts you can change the default post limit or add a heading to the list (leave the heading blank if no heading is to be displayed).
Where to get
Download the SMC Featured Posts WordPress Plugin
or at GitHub